Do You Really Know about Online Slots
If you play online slots on a regular basis, you probably think you’ve got a pretty good handle on them in general. But have you really? When you think about it, exactly how much do you really know about online slots in general?
The virtual gaming revolution has been spectacular to say the least and is still gaining momentum. Play for free, put a few pennies on the line or bet more than £500 every time you spin and hope for the best. And in terms of wins, taking home anything from 5p to literally tens of millions of pounds is perfectly possible.
Getting the most out of the experience means not only having Lady Luck on your side, but also getting to know the subject of slots in general a little better.
Picking The Right Slots To Play
When it comes to choosing slots, there are really only three things you need to think about. First of all, there are your own personal preferences – something that should be largely self-explanatory. After this, making sure that you choose the best possible online slots sites is equally important, in terms of both enjoyment and your overall safety. Last up, the payout percentages the slot proclaims should also be taken into consideration. You will usually find that they fall between 85% and 98%, though can dip considerably lower when it comes to machines with higher jackpots.
Technically speaking, the only thing you should be setting out to get from any time you spend with online slots is fun and enjoyment. Just as long as you enjoy the slots you choose, there’s really no such thing as getting it wrong.
Slot Basics and Strategies
One of the most appealing things of all when it comes to online slots is the way in which they are so incredibly easy to play. After all, your only responsibility is hitting a button…unless you choose the ‘auto’ mode, in which case you don’t do anything at all. However, coming away with anything that could be even remotely considered a win is considerably more difficult. The reason being that technically speaking, you have absolutely no control over what happens. You might think you do, but you don’t.
The simple fact of the matter is that regardless of how many times you may be told otherwise, there really is no such thing as a winning strategy for slots of any kind. If there was, millions of people would be using it right now and every slot maker and casino in the world would be out of business. It is critically important to accept and acknowledge the fact that every spin is a 100% random event. Think of it a little like a brand new lottery draw with each spin – all the strategizing in the world will not affect the outcome of the balls.
Still, there’s definitely plenty you can do to maximise your enjoyment and perhaps improve your chances of taking home a prize at least very slightly. So whether you are new to the world of online slots or consider yourself to be something of a veteran, it’s more than worth reading over and assimilating the following expert advice:
- First up, payout percentages are important to pay attention to, but should not be interpreted literally. Technically speaking, a machine with a 98% payout rate will pay £98 in prizes for every £100 it takes in. However, this does not mean that if you personally put £100 into the machine, you can expect to get £98 back. It simply doesn’t work like this, so beware false logic.
- More often than not, though certainly not always, machines that require or accept bigger wagers tend to be those that also offer the highest payouts. But at the same time, they also tend to be the kinds of machines that pay out the least. By contrast, the smaller the prizes on offer, the more frequently they are paid out. So you need to ask yourself – are you looking for a very fractional chance of winning a huge prize, or a much better chance of winning a modest prize?
- There’s no denying that progressive jackpots can be incredibly tempting, but you also have to be realistic when it comes to your chances of actually winning one. The simple fact of the matter is that when you are looking at the kind of prize you would usually associate with a lottery win, your odds of winning it really are about the same as those of winning the lottery. It might happen, but statistically speaking, it probably isn’t going to happen.
- That being said, if you come across an online slot you genuinely get a kick out which also happens to open up the possibility of a progressive jackpot, go for it! In some instances, you will find that there are multiple progressive jackpots available – smaller sums being much easier to win than the biggest jackpots.
- Always be sure to take into account the payscale in full, before getting started with any slot you are not familiar with. This is important because the vast majority of slots have very different rules and methods of operating, when it comes to the way in which the number of coins you wager affects what happens thereafter. Quite simply, the better you understand everything about the slot, the more you’ll get out of it.
- Never fall into the trap of assuming that persistence pays off or that a machine that has not paid out in some time must be scheduled to do so soon. Once again, it simply doesn’t work like this as the odds remain the same for each and every spin across the board.
- Last but not least, be sure to do your homework when it comes to the kinds of casino bonuses and special offers that are thrown around to entice newcomers. If you are offered a modest bonus of say £5 and 5 free spins, there is a good chance it could be legit. By contrast, if they claim to be throwing out welcome bonuses of £10,000 and hundreds of free spins no questions asked, chances are the attached terms and conditions will render the entire bonus package 100% worthless.
Remember, stay tuned to bestonlineslotsuk.org.uk for more insights and helpful guides coming soon!